LOCATION: Austin, TX
SALARY RANGE: $68,500 – 75,000/ year
The Senior Philanthropic Advisor (SPA) develops and implements donor-centric strategies to identify, cultivate, close and steward multi-state transformational gifts.
This position will be responsible for prospecting, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of individual donors, family foundations and donor advised funds with the capacity to make annual gifts of $100,000 or greater; and solicit and steward individual prospects for legacy gifts.
The SPA monitors and reports on progress on a weekly basis, ensuring that revenue and engagement goals are met.
Individual Donors, Family Foundations & Donor Advised Funds
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 100 prospects and current donors with the capacity to make donations and/or planned gifts of $100,000+—collaborating with management team, Board of Directors, state leadership, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Design and execute individualized cultivation and stewardship plans for portfolio that will exceed donor engagement and revenue goals for the fiscal year.
- Travel to cultivate, solicit and steward donors at in-person meetings within the priority states of Texas, Georgia and Florida; and secondary states of Ohio, Illinois and Colorado.
- Working with a team of senior fundraising professionals, establish annual and multi-year revenue strategies and goals, to include evaluation of results and development of new approaches as needed.
- Maintain donor records in ROI database and provide a monthly analysis of donor performance related to such things as retention, growth, upgrades, etc.
- Mentor and provide support for state staff in TX, GA, FL, OH, IL and CO.
- Coordinate with Development, Digital and Communications staff, and, where appropriate, the Board of Director’s Development Committee on major donor communications, stewardship and recognition activities including acknowledgements, special events, and mailings of donor updates.
- Assist with special projects and perform other related duties that contribute to the Development department and Common Cause goals as assigned to include drafting correspondence, strategic plans, proposals, invitations and reports.
Experience, education, and technical proficiency
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required for consideration.
- Must have a proven, successful track record of hands-on experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting/upgrading, closing and stewarding major gifts.
- Must be capable of using CRM databases and other technology tools.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Must have the ambition to confidently ask for monetary and in-kind contributions.
- Must have a profound understanding of moves management strategy and the capability to design and execute donor-centric engagement activities.
- Must have proven successes in a deadline-driven environment with shifting demands and priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of the philanthropic landscape in the southern and mid-west regions, prospect research methodology, best practices and evolving trends in philanthropy highly preferred.
- Must have the professional and emotional intelligence to work with high-level organization leaders, staff and volunteers.
You’ll thrive if you are:
- Have demonstrated exemplary verbal and written communications skills.
- Have the flexibility to travel frequently, work evenings and weekends.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience managing a national and multi-state portfolio preferred.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include SENIOR PHILANTHROPIC ADVISOR – AUSTIN, TX in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
COMMON CAUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND STRONGLY ENCOURAGES APPLICANTS OF ANY RACE, CREED, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, INCOME CLASS, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR MARITAL STATUS, AS WELL AS APPLICANTS WHO HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY INCARCERATED.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com