Website Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies, Inc.
FPWA, a leading anti-poverty organization fighting for economic equity for all New Yorkers, seeks an experienced and dynamic Grants Officer to be an essential member of a vital institutional giving team that manages all foundation and government support for FPWA. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Giving.
The ideal candidate for Grants Officer will have a clear and demonstrated passion for communicating FPWA’s work through their writing, participating in the program development process, engaging and deepening the relationship with FPWA’s funders, and expanding the universe of our funders. They will have a commitment to social justice and deep experience communicating mission for the purpose of engendering investment and engagement.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of select portfolio of private foundation, corporate foundation, and government funders from writing letters of inquiry and proposals to maintaining accurate records.
- Manage the grants calendar ensuring proposal and report deadlines are met.
- Work with program colleagues to develop strategy for advancing work to be pitched.
- Work closely with Director on annual income projection, preparing statistical reports, and evaluating trends; work together to develop annual workplan, helping to establish benchmarks for the year.
- Manage prospecting efforts for institutional funders with advisement from Director. Undertake ongoing, strategic efforts throughout the year to identify new prospective funders for identified body of work to be pitched.
- Develop systems, policies and processes to ensure efficient operation of an effective institutional giving effort; recommend new and innovative tools and processes to further FPWA’s institutional giving capacity.
Assist with special events and complete other relevant tasks as assigned by Director.
- BA/BS required and minimum two (2) years of nonprofit grant writing experience.
- Superior writing and communications skills, with an emphasis on proposal writing for funding and excellent donor relations skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal skills. Ability to recognize and tell a story.
- A creative thinker, strategist and do-er who has a proven track record of developing creative ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of funders and achieve financial results; knowledge of foundation and corporate giving is a must.
- Excellent critical thinking skills as it relates to creating logic models for proposals.
- Experience collaborating on program design and outcomes and integrating funders’ interests into approaches.
- Experience working with fundraising databases; knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with Experience.
- Excellent Benefit Package including medical, dental, vision, life, 403(b) with match and more
- Ample Vacation Time: Four weeks of paid vacation accumulated during the year plus 12 company holidays
- Work-Life Balance: Twelve telecommuting days provided a year, one per month, to support work-life balance
- Professional Development: Resources committed to bolster professional and personal growth
- Modern & Flexible Work Environment: Our staff work out of a beautifully designed open workspace with flexible and tech-equipped meeting spaces to support different workstyles, promote team building and collaboration
To Apply [DEADLINE FEBRUARY 21ST]
Visit https://apply.workable.com/j/EBE0F12331 to Apply!
Submit resume and cover letter making a compelling case for why you should be considered for the Grants Officer role and indicating your salary requirements. Include two (2) writing samples. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls or other inquiries please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
FPWA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FPWA is committed to employing people who reflect the diversity of our member agencies and the communities and people they serve. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.