What Cheer Writers Club, a 501c3 nonprofit in downtown Providence, seeks a Program Associate to support Club Staff in the administrative and program-related tasks involved in running a membership-based community and coworking space for Rhode Island creatives.
This part time position requires a commitment of three evenings a week plus weekends, for a total of 26 hours/week beginning January 2020, with occasional opportunities for additional shifts. This is a year-round (not seasonal) position with the potential to become full time in late 2020.
The Program Associate will work closely with, and report to, the General Manager and Program Manager to ensure smooth communication with members, a seamless onboarding and billing process, and maintenance of the member database. They will help maintain the Club’s high quality of programming by assisting with monthly practicums, community events and podcasting classes.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about writing, illustration, literature, and podcasting, and will be invested in programming and community building events for Rhode Island creatives. They will have excellent written communication skills, technological savvy, sharp attention to detail and a commitment to inclusion and accessibility.
What Cheer Writers Club is actively committed to cultivating a community that values and reflects diversity, equity and inclusivity and encourages those from communities historically underrepresented in arts administration roles to apply. This job is suitable for handicapped persons.
The Program Associate is a part time position. Hours will generally be Wed-Fri from 6-9pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm.
- Supporting What Cheer Writers Club’s 300+, and counting, members by responding to general inquiry emails and member needs, in coordination with the General Manager and Program Manager
- On-site management of coworking space during working hours, including: responding to coworkers’ needs, assisting in Podcasting Studio and meeting room rentals, giving tours to walk-in guests, registering new members, checking in guests and rentals, and light clean up
- Handling onboarding process for new members, including: email communications, database maintenance, billing, membership packet mailing, and photo collection
- Assisting General Manager with accounting duties, including: scanning receipts, overseeing daily transactions via coworking software and following up on unprocessed payments
- Assisting Program Manager with program functions, including: day of set-up/clean-up, checking in guests, accepting payments
- Acting as ambassador for the Club and its mission when attending any offsite events in the literary community
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- 1-2 years of managing payment processing
- 1-2 years of experience with database management
- Comfortable with learning new software
- Must be able to carry 10-15 lbs. for a short distance
- Experience with audio equipment preferred but not required
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
What Cheer Writers Club is a 501c3 nonprofit supporting Rhode Island’s creators of the written, spoken and illustrated word through community events, discounted coworking space, and free and low-cost business services. As an umbrella organization, we serve as a centralized community connecting content creators, fans and literary organizations state-wide. In addition, the Club seeks to burnish Rhode Island’s reputation as being a place where content creators thrive.
Position Level: Entry-level
Position Reports to: General Manager, Program Manager
Location: 160 Westminster St, FL 2, Providence, RI – downtown (wheelchair accessible)
To apply for this job please visit www.whatcheerclub.org.