Thank you to all the readers and new subscribers who are joining us daily. It’s really great to feel the Philanthropy Women community growing. As editor, I want to alert readers to the resource of our Gender Equality Funder Knowledgebase. This is the place where you can find funders for gender equality across categories of corporate, private, and family foundations.
We aim to list all funders for gender equality in both the U.S. and globally and have been steadily building this database out for over a year. We now have over 500 listings and are currently adding about 8 new entries to the database every week, so we hope these additions are helping feminist nonprofits find more resources for their work.
Check out some of the recent additions to our funder knowledgebase:
U.S. Funders for Gender Equality
- Camille Beckman Foundation: https://philanthropywomen.org/knowledgebase/camille-beckman-foundation/
- We, Women: https://philanthropywomen.org/knowledgebase/we-women/
- You Are Essential: https://philanthropywomen.org/knowledgebase/youareessential/
International Funders for Gender Equality
- Shadhika: https://philanthropywomen.org/knowledgebase/shadhika/
- Women First International Fund: https://philanthropywomen.org/knowledgebase/women-first-international-fund/
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation: https://philanthropywomen.org/knowledgebase/stavros-niarchos-foundation-snf/
In other PW news, we are now in the voting phase for our first ever Philanthropy Women Art Contest! This contest is called “About Women” and we have received over 100 entries of amazing art. Voting is only open until Wednesday, August 12, at 10 am, so VOTE NOW! The voting process is an absolute treat in terms of viewing an astonishing collection of art about women. Winners will be announced in a post next Monday, and will then be displayed in our sidebar for 6 months as part of their promotional benefits from winning the contest.
We have more exciting events coming up soon, including announcing the lineup for our next webinar on August 27, so stay tuned.