It’s Time Network hosted a conference call this past week that gave a window for states across the country to learn about California’s efforts to grow gender equality movements. The call featured Jessica Stender of Equal Rights Advocates, who has been coordinating and enacting many steps of a legislative agenda for women in California. The call was well-received nationally, with people registered from 16 states.
From Betsy McKinney and the It’s Time Network team:
Thank you for joining us for Tuesday’s virtual convening to learn about how we can support policy agendas that lift women and children out of poverty, ensure fair pay and family-friendly workplaces, and more, focusing on the Stronger California legislation.
Here are some actions you can take now to build momentum around action for women’s rights:
- Join the network to be invited to participate in future convenings, connect with others in your city who are working for change, support collective action for women’s rights, and more
- Join the private Calling All Women & Allies! Facebook group to participate in conversations with other women and allies who are working for gender equity
- Build capacity for collective impact by inviting 10 other women and allies to join the network
- Register for upcoming virtual convenings:
- May 16 at 12pm PST / 3pm EST: Collective Impact in Denver & the Denver Gender Equity Summit
- Please note that this call will cover topics of interest to all who support gender equity, whether or not you live in Denver, as we’ll provide information about how you can apply these learnings to your own city.
- Additional upcoming convenings
- Invite others in your network to join these convenings!
- Listen to and share this recording of the call
- Connect with It’s Time Network on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+