The question came up in my mind, and I see many other people have been tossing this question around in conversations online: What if only women voted in the 2020 election? Would it have been a much easier win for the Biden-Harris presidency?
2020 Election Results for Women Voters
The above graphic says it all. In the 14 states listed above and in many others, Biden would have won handily.
Important corollary: A very large share of that women’s vote came from women of color, who voted for Biden-Harris at a much higher rate than white women.
The point is this: the more we move away from toxic masculinity in our culture and embrace our kinder, gentler selves, the better this world will be. The more women (especially white women) are aware of the importance of women’s leadership and practice voting that aligns with their values, the better the world will be.
How do we get there? You know my answer: double the current level of funding for women and girls as quickly as possible. If we could get from 1.6 to 3.2 % of all philanthropy really quick, there would be so much more hope for our world.
In The News
- Percentage of Female State Legislators is Highest It Has Ever Been
- Women’s Week: New IRL Celebration of Int’l Women’s Day
- Register Now! Critical Discussion on Abortion and Reproductive Justice
- Elsevier Promotes Transparency By Publishing Editors’ Genders
- Generation USA Wins 125K to Create Women and POC Opportunities
- New Hub for Gender Equality Strategizing Established in Kerala
- Serena Williams Funds Opportunities for Black Small-Business Owners
- Female Entrepreneurs Get a Jumpstart from Visa’s New Grant Program
- Announcing Margaret Atwood as Keynote Speaker of “Unite and Rise”
- New Branding to Launch as Dining For Women Celebrates Success