Editor’s Note: The following announcement is from the publication Foreign Policy.
The COVID-19 crisis has been a stark reminder that global health is a fundamental security concern. The pandemic has exposed deep inequalities in health and social systems at global and national levels, including gender inequities, weakening our collective ability to tackle COVID-19 and generate improved health outcomes into the future. It is clear that the commitment made by governments to deliver Universal Health Coverage by 2030 is an essential prerequisite for global health security. Many lives will be lost to COVID-19 because gender disparities in the health workforce and wider society weaken our response. We can take steps now to build back better and bring the important conversation about equality and health into the international security arena.
Foreign Policy, in partnership with Women in Global Health and the Wagner Foundation, will host a high-level digital summit to coincide with the 2020 UN General Assembly to illuminate the need for gender-transformative policy within global health security. Gender responsive policies, which challenge fundamental inequities, will strengthen global recovery from COVID-19 and support a “gender triple-dividend” — achieving gender and social equality, improved health and wellbeing, and inclusive economic growth.
Join us to hear from leading global experts and pioneering leaders who have committed to gender strategies and have spearheaded integration of health into broader policy frameworks. Register below to secure your access to the digital summit and add your voice to the conversation: REGISTER HERE
In The News
- New Nonprofit Seeks To Find The Lost Women Of Science
- Michelob ULTRA $100M Pledge Shifts Marketing to be Gender-Inclusive
- Old Navy’s Size-Inclusive Shopping Model Sets a New Standard
- Women’s Funding Network Announces New Additions to Board
- Cannabis One of Best Industries for Gender Parity, Says AskGrowers
- Teneral Cellars’ New Wine Collection Funds Women’s Health
- Black Women Philanthropists Honored by New WPI Initiative
- How Carmen Randolph’s Revolutionary WFS will Transform Philanthropy
- HRC Fdn Survey Results: LGBTQ+ and POC Leading in Vaccinations
- Women Artists Come to Life in Ringling Students’ Comic Series